Monday, June 18, 2007


Yes, it's true. I'm a banjo player. I tried to keep it a secret from the general public but I couldn't keep living that way. Now that I'm out of the closet (that's were I keep my banjo) I feel much better.


The painting above is a self-portrait I did quite a while back and overall I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. It's going to be a part of the Kansas Academy of Oil Painters group show at the Wichita Center for the Arts beginning June 29th.


I'd love to hear your comments on this painting and as always your welcome to stop by my website and browse around http://www.skeetsirmons.com/

1 comment:

Ken said...

WOW!!

Very impressive. Thanks for including us on your email list. If you remember I am a friend of your mother in laws from childhood. What is the price range for your still lifes? Good luck in your endeavors. Say Hi to Mardon and her parents. Ken Hinkle