Monday, September 14, 2015

Michael Shane Neal and Me

Skeet Sirmons with Michael Shane Neal in Shane's Studio

I had the great privilege and honor to spend Labor Day weekend in Nashville with Michael Shane Neal. I must tell you he is a true gentleman, honorable in every sense of the word and it was an incredible pleasure for me to spend time with him in his studio.

I, along with a dozen other artists, spent time learning about the business of art. There were so many takeaways from the weekend that had to prioritize them all once I made it home and reflected on the weekend. 

I may not have the honor of painting celebrities, congressman, judges or other dignitaries, as Shane has, but I do feel a little more prepared to do the painting I am called and blessed to do.

Thank you Shane for sharing your time and passing on your knowledge. it was a true blessing.    

No comments: