Saturday, August 11, 2007

A dear lady from church recently brought me a box of painting supplies. She said she no longer painted but didn't want to through them out so she thought I might want them. I eagerly accepted the box and carted it home. For some reason I have always had this thing about digging through boxes of "junk"--perhaps that's why I work for an auction firm.
The box was filled with all kinds of treasures: paint brushes, tubes of oil paint, medium, old sketch pads, books and more. I had to through some of it out but most of it I kept. I loved digging through the box and I loved doing this little painting of some of those supplies.
This small painting is of three tubes of yellow paint. I don't have any idea how old they are I just know they had such character that I had to paint them. Thank you Dora for a wonderful gift. And just so everyone knows, I'm always willing to accept paint supplies.
Let me know if you're interested in this painting.
"Old Yeller" (oil/panel 5"x7") $70 unframed, includes S/H in the USA.

No comments: