Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Small Portrait after Sorolla


I know, everyone probably thinks I dropped off the face of the earth and has probably removed my blog from their notifier by now. I apologize, September was a crazy, crazy month. I hardly had time to pick up a brush but I'm back now and it feels good to be painting again. I have a large piece I've been working on and I'm 90% done however that last 10% is always a killer. I think that's why I love doing these small paintings because they take just a couple of hours at the most to do and for some reason I paint much looser on the small ones than I do the larger pieces. Does anyone else have that same problem? This painting is a 7x5" painting I did of Sorolla after his self-portrait. He is one of my favorite painters and I enjoyed doing this painting.

If you are interested in this painting please let me know:


"After Sorolla" Oil 7"x5" unframed $70 postage paid in the USA.

visit me on the web: http://www.skeetsirmons.com/

No comments: