Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Painting of Frisco Jack Continues


I finished up the face, for now anyway, and worked on the background. Now it's time to start working on the the rest of Frisco Jack.
I stated in my last post that I would talk a bit about my palette. I use a fairly limited palette consisting of mostly Talens Rembrandt oil paint and a couple of Winsor Newton colors. I use Webers Permalba White, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre Light, Cadmium Red, Permanent Madder Deep, Transparent Oxide Red, Ultramarine Blue, Ivory Black. That's it. Every once in a while I do use an additional color if I can't seem to get the right mix with my regular palette. I don't use any mediums except a little linseed oil occasionally.
It's probably going to be a couple of days before I can get back to Jack so keep painting and keep in touch.

No comments: