Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Our Daily Bread Revisited

After looking the painting over and having my best critic (my wife, Mardon') look the painting over I decided to make a couple of changes. First, I moved the window over just a bit because it was doing what the late Helen Van Wyk called "kissing" the pitcher handle. Second, I decided to paint a different goblet. Right at the moment it's just a flat gray under painting. Third, I darkened the wall behind the table and did a gradation from the upper left side down toward the bread, grapes and goblet. I'm hoping it gives a since of the light coming through the window and will move your eye down to the main point of the painting.
There's still a ways to go on this one and probably more problem solving before it's done.
I'm going to be away from my easel for the next couple of days so I probably won't get much done until next week.

No comments: