Thursday, April 17, 2008

"A Moment of Grace" - Oil on Panel

"A Moment of Grace"
24x12 inch
Oil/Panel
$440 Framed

I have painted this a couple of times because it is one of my favorites. I find myself drawn to the image of bread and wine...the Eucharist really. The image is primarily a cruciform with the bread and wine at the center. The cloth that forms the base is unfinished at the bottom getting more complete and a purer white as it ascends toward the bread and wine. It is only by God's grace through His Son Jesus Christ that we are made complete. I pray "A Moment of Grace" speaks to you.

"Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me." - 1 Corinthians 11:25

This painting is part of my up coming exhibit at Coutt's Memorial Museum of Art in El Dorado, KS, May 2 - 28, 2008. If you are in the area come and see the show.


No comments: